WellSpan WellSpan
Menu Menu Menu Menu Menu Menu Menu Menu

Therapeutic After School Frequently Asked Questions

We look forward to answering all your questions so that you feel comfortable with your child’s care.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the level of parental involvement?

Parental involvement is crucial to the child’s success in the program. Parents of children and adolescents are encouraged to attend family nights and conferences as scheduled.

How is the community involved?

Staff will actively collaborate with appropriate community resources and child/adolescent serving systems to coordinate the youth’s participation in community activities. These interventions are intended to build assets in the child’s life, resulting in the child engaging in fewer high-risk behaviors and more pro-social behaviors. This will lend support and build assets that help the child function more autonomously in a non-treatment setting in the community.

Many community resources are available to help the child reach his/her treatment plan goals, and to support the child both during treatment and following discharge. Community involvement will complement other methods that enable the individual to function well in the community. Community involvement will enhance services provided by their existing support systems. All services will be coordinated with the base service unit and each individual's treatment and/or support system, including other CASSP system providers, churches, etc.

Can you provide transportation?

On initial contact, parents are asked to transport their child at least one way. It this is not possible, After School staff may be able to assist with transportation. PLEASE NOTE: There are some locations the program will be unable to accommodate.

When will my child be discharged?

Clients will be discharged only with consensus of all involved providers. Parents will be given a list of community activities available for their children's involvement. Treatment recommendations will be made when needed.

How is this program funded?

Applicants will need to have a medical assistance card or a medical assistance for disabled child only card in order to be eligible for funding through Medical Assistance enhanced services through the office of Medical Assistance.

How can I get or make a referral?

Referrals are generally come from school personnel, mental health providers, county social services agencies, or pastors. Referrals can be made by contacting the BHRS office at the 888-324-0064.