Frequently Asked Questions
What are Family Based Services?
Family Based Services are based around the family. The therapy is provided by a team. The goal of Family Based Services is helping families work better together.
What is a treatment plan?
You or your family will have a written Treatment Plan. We will work with you as we write this plan, so that you can help decide what you want to work on in treatment, and how you want to accomplish it. Information may also come from representatives from the school, Children and Youth Services, Mental Health, or other agencies involved in your child’s care.
What does my therapist expect from me?
We don’t ask much, but your job here is as important as ours. We ask that you agree to:
- Keep your appointments and be on time
- Call the office right away if you need to cancel
- If we are meeting you in your home, use a quiet room.
That means please:
- Turn off the TV or stereo.
- Ask visitors and family members to talk in another room.
- Keep your pets quiet in another room if need be.
- No smoking
- No drinking
- Firearms or other weapons should be kept locked up
- Help us help you – talk to us about the plan for your treatment
- Want to end our services? Let us know in person.
- And follow the NO SHOW policy which your therapist will explain to you.
Will my therapy sessions be confidential?
We know that it is important to you that your record remain confidential. We have strict standards for confidentiality at WellSpan Philhaven, however, you should know that there are several situations that can arise in which a record can be released.
How and when do I contact my therapist?
We are here to help you 24 hours a day. You will receive the names and numbers of your therapy team.
What is an “emergency”?
Call after hours if you think your child is in danger, if your child may hurt himself or someone else, if your child runs away from home, or someone else in your immediate family is in danger.