The Life Care Model was developed by CADD. Based on chronic care and disease management models, the project goal was to develop a system of Life Coaches to support families and individuals throughout the many stages of life. While this model is still in the process of development and potential applications are still being explored, it has proven to be invaluable at CADD in maintaining a developmental perspective in the care of these life-long conditions.
Stages of Life
The Life Care Model focuses on how the impact of autism and other developmental disabilities affect individuals and families differently throughout the various stages of life.
- Developmental Stage: Birth to 5 Years Old
- Elementary School Stage: 6 to 12 Years Old
- Secondary School Stage: 13 to 18 Years Old
- Transition to Adulthood Stage: 19 to 25 Years Old
- Adulthood Stage: 26 to 50 Years Old
- Older Adulthood Stage: 51+ Years Old
Six Domains of Focus
- Mental Health
- Family Development