Visitation at Mt. Gretna
Updated June 16, 2020
While our top priority remains the health, safety and well-being of our patients and team members, we recognize that the support provided to our patients by friends and family is important to healing and recovery.
During this continued time of restricting onsite visitation, our team is facilitating communication with friends and family through mobile devices to schedule virtual video visits.
We are closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation and will actively continue to re-assess when to reopen onsite visitation. We appreciate your support in keeping everyone safe.
Updated April 6, 2020
Philhaven's visitation policy has changed to align with WellSpan Health's restricted visitation policy to keep our patients, visitors and staff as safe as possible.
- Entry to the Mt. Gretna facility is limited.
- Visitors to the building will be screened via telephone prior to entry.
- Visitation on the inpatient units has been suspended.
- Updated April 6, 2020:
We are committed to having communication with your family member be as open as possible during this unprecedented time. We are working to increase phone usage times for our patients as well as using video visits to occur. Please work with your family members' treatment team to coordinate these services.
- Family members may drop off items for patients at the front desk for any of the behavioral health inpatient units.
- Philhaven is working to provide you with the technology to have a remote access visit with your loved one.
- The cafeteria is closed to visitors at this time. We regret the inconvenience.
Click here for the full visitation policy of WellSpan Health during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.