Child and Adolescent Inpatient Unit
Program: Child and Adolescent Inpatient
Location: Mt. Gretna
Hours: Day (generally 8am-4pm)
24 Hour Program with shifts running from 7:00AM-3:30PM, 3:00PM-11:30PM, and 11:00PM - 7:30AM. Intern hours are typically scheduled around the day and early evening shift hours Monday through Friday to maximize on clinical support available.
Children's unit consists of children ages 4-11 and Adolescent Unit consists of adolescents ages 12 -18 with at times younger adults ages 18-21. Each child/adolescent will have a mental health diagnosis, most commonly: ADHD, ODD, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, and higher functioning ASD. Diagnosis can also include Schizophrenic and Schizo-effective and some personality disorders.
Program's Therapeutic Approach
Groups are done throughout the shifts on both units. Groups are done according to age and level of functioning to provide psycho-educational teaching, skill building, social skills practice and process/support for the clients.
1 Master's level interns, if an MS is an appropriate level of supervision for the intern.
The Intern Will be Required to:
- The intern will have the opportunity to be involved, and eventually perform on own, individual therapy sessions
- The intern will have the opportunity to sit in and co-facilitate family therapy session
- The intern will become familiar with treatment plans and goals for the clients
- The intern will understand and comply with HIPAA and safety issues for clients
- The intern will develop realtionships with clients
- The intern will assist staff in preparing each type of group and helping to present materials
Back to list