Lebanon Child and Adolescent Day Hospital Program -
Program: Child and Adolescent Day Hospital
Hours: Day (generally 8am-4pm)
The goal of the day program is to provide short term stabilization and treatment services for children and adolescents in the community who are experiencing acute distress. The program allows youth to maintain integration and involvement in the community. The program provides group therapy, psychiatric supervision and medication management, ed therapy, case management, family engagement and individual therapeutic contacts. The program runs year round 8:30AM - 2:30PM Monday through Friday.
Children from 5 - 19 years of age. Each child will have a mental health diagnosis, most commonly: ADHD, ODD, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, and higher functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Program's Therapeutic Approach
Daily groups are developed according to age and level of funtioning to provide-educational teaching, increase skills for anger management, feelings expression, coping skills for depression and anxiety, social skills practice and process/support for the clients.
Master's level internship, if an LPC is an appropriate level of supervision for the intern
The Intern Will be Required to:
- Become familiar with treatment plans and goals for the clients
- Understand and learn correct documenation standards
- Understand and comply with HIPAA and safety issues for clients
- Develop relationships with clients
- Assist staff in preparing each type of group and helping to present materials
- Master's level interns will eventually carry his or her own cases from admission to discharge
Back to list