York Child and Adolescent Day Hospital Program
Program: Child and Adolescent Day Hospital
Hours: Day (generally 8am-4pm)
Clients in the Day Hospital Program can attend up to 6 hours per day, 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Clients in the Intensive Outpatient Track attend for 3 hours per day, and generally attend 3-5 days per week, Monday through Friday.
School age children from 5 to 18 years of age. Each client will have a mental health diagnosis, most commonly: ADHD, ODD, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression and high functioning ASD. Diagnosis can also include Schizophrenic and Schizo-effective, and some personality disorders.
Program's Therapeutic Approach
The structured Day Hospital/Intensive Outpatient Program is designed to deliver a high volume of therapeutic intervention in a relatively short period of time. Services include a psychiatric evaluation, medication management, therapeutic groups, individual and family counseling, and educational therapy.
2 Master's level internships, if an LPC is an appropriate level of supervision for the intern.
The Intern Will be Required to:
- Become familiar with treatment plans and goals for the clients
- Understand and learn correct documentation standards
- Understand and comply with HIPAA and safety issues for clients
- Develop relationships with clients
- Assist staff in preparing each type of group and helping to present materials
- Assist staff in managing the milieu and providing support in the educational therapy setting
- Longer term is primary in planning and executing an assigned group for the clients with the assistance of the staff
- Master's level interns will perform all above responsibilities in addition to completing initial assessments, aiding in concurrent insurance reviews, and taking on an individual case load of at least one client
Back to list