About WellSpan Philhaven
What is Philhaven?
WellSpan Philhaven is central Pennsylvania’s most comprehensive behavioral health organization, serving Adams, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon and York counties through 54 programs and 27 care locations.
For more than 65 years, we have focused on treating the whole person – mind, body and spirit. We offer services for all ages and various levels of care, including hospitalization, day programs, outpatient counseling, and services in the home, school and community.
In January 2016, WellSpan Health and Philhaven came together to create a new behavioral health organization that operates within WellSpan’s coordinated system of care and works to help friends and neighbors across central Pennsylvania achieve better mental, emotional and physical health.
WellSpan Health is an integrated health system that serves the communities of central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. The organization is comprised of approximately 1,500 employed physicians and advanced practice clinicians, a regional behavioral health organization, a home care organization, eight respected hospitals, more than 19,000 employees, and more than 170 patient care locations. WellSpan is a charitable, mission-driven organization, committed to exceptional care for all, lifelong wellness and healthy communities.
WellSpan Philhaven encompasses:
- A behavioral health care hospital in Mt. Gretna providing 103 inpatient beds for children, adolescents and adults
- Psychiatric inpatient units for children, adolescents and adults located in WellSpan’s acute care hospitals
- 27 locations, including outpatient offices in Adams, Lebanon, Lancaster, York and Dauphin counties
- Family- and community-based programs for children and adolescents
- Recovery programs for adults
- Services for more than 3,500 crisis patients per month at WellSpan hospital emergency departments
- Free community training programs, including parent training and mental health first aid